Saturday, August 12, 2006

Marvelous Meziadin


My wit and wits are eluding and deluding me at this point of the season. Working out here is all-consuming sometimes, which has its pros and cons, I suppose. It's especially interesting when I juxtapose this lifestyle to the one that I'm going to lead in a few weeks, let alone in about a month or so down the road. Astonishing really, things can change so absolutely rapidly with even the slightest of nuances, like a geographic alteration...which almost results in a mental altercation, but that's why I started this blog, in part, afterall...

One thing that I have relished doing this summer is getting completely absorbed and washed away in TV shows; escaping reality on a laptop is a fine way to while away the time, knowing that there are bigger and better things beyond your own little reality. That, and it's just a darn good way to re-LAX: being brainwashed does great things for stamina while simultaneously reinforcing a crazy and melodramatic imagination. It feels good.

At least there's always my dog. Trusty little guy.

This week we were staying at Meziadin Lake Provincial Park--we even got up the courage to finally go swimming on the second to last day of our seven day shift. (Good thing, too, since I hadn't showered for over a week, I just won't write how much over...) Fall is in the air so the days have cooled down significantly, and the nights are cozier with a hot water bottle and dog in your tent (and I won't finish that sentence). My favourite smell right now is when, in the morning when the air is still cool, there's a lingering drifting scent of sun-warmed, spicy raspberries--mmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home